Friday, March 19, 2010

Wow Moment

This will be short...

I was catching up on my baby website reading and just read the below article. As I read it, I had one of those "Wow Moments" when I just can't quiet believe that this is actually happening.

I had to share:

"Just before the eighth week of gestation, an embryo develops its first sensitivity to touch. The first parts of its body to experience sensitivity are the ones that are the most sensitive in adults. It starts in the cheek and then quickly extends to the genital area (10 weeks), palms (11 weeks), and soles of the feet (12 weeks). By 17 weeks, the abdomen and buttocks are also sensitive. Your baby may experiment with this new found sense of touch by stroking his or her face or sucking on a thumb, as well as feeling other body parts and seeing how they move."*

Wow! I know that at some point all this stuff has to happen to Baby Helms, but I just never actually thought about this stuff actually happening! I mean, to think that Baby Helms is gonna suck his/her thumb while still in the womb....that's soooo cute!

*Article was found on www.parents.com

1 comment:

Amanda said...

that's kiiiiiiiiiiiinda creepy.
but cute i suppose :)