Friday, July 23, 2010

30 Weeks!

Can you believe it? Little Sophia Marie should be with us in a near 10 weeks (or so). Yes, that may still sound like a long time, but does it really feel like its been 30 weeks already!?

Here is my 30 week belly - its starting to round out nicely. I guesstimate in the next 3-4 weeks I may start sporting an "outie" (belly button).



We had a doctor's appointment on this past week. I maybe gained a pound, but the doctor said he isn't concerned about that anymore. Her heart beat was at 160 and he again said that I have one healthy baby in my belly. All my lab work from the previous appointment came back looking great and after taking my fundal height measurement - he was able to conclude that miss Sophie was growing very well and I was measuring almost two inches more then average. So as long as I don't start losing weight - my low weight gain (average at this point is at least 10 lbs - I have gained 7lbs) is no longer a concern.

Now you may be wondering - what is a Fundal Height Measurement? Well, I'm about to tell you! Its a measurement that Doctors take at each appointment to measure fetal growth and development. They measure from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus. It's measured in centimeters. Now when your pregnant, as you know with your growing baby, your uterus must grow. What I didn't realize before that it REALLY grows. At 30 weeks preggers, the top of it should sit a few inches above your belly button! The measurement should match the gestational age (the age of your baby while still in the oven - haha) of your baby. Below is a Fundal Height Chart.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

awwwww you are so round and big! can't wait to see you guys this weekend.
ps. i love that cell phone cover i might steal it